Dotloop has just released a new feature called “Easy Offer”. This gives you the ability to share a folder and its documents through a public link, giving you a quick and easy way to let others access information. If you’re the Listing Agent for a new home community, this is a great way to share plot plans, floor plans, specs, etc. (you would just need to convert any files that are jpgs to a pdf using either Bullzip or PDF 995 before uploading). As a Rental Agent, you could use this as a way to distribute applications and flyers marketing the property.
– Easily share documents by adding the link to the MLS, on facebook, on your agent website, or share via email
– Track the names and emails of people who access your folders
How to enable the public link for your folder:
- Start by creating your loop or updating an existing loop to match the criteria below:
– Transaction Type: Listing for Sale or Listing for Lease
– Loop Status: Pre-Listing, Private Listing, Active Listing, or Under Contract
- Change your role to Listing Agent so all Buying Agents are aware of your role in the loop
- Add ONLY documents that you are comfortable with the public accessing to your folder
- In the top right corner of your loop, click SET UP EASY OFFER
- Next you’ll get the “Set up Easy Offer” pop-up. Select the folder(s) that you want to make public.
- Checkmarking a folder will automatically generate a shareable link that will appear. Click COPY to the right of the link and then paste where you would like to share it.
Once you have enabled your folder(s), you will see “Accessible Via Easy Offer” next to your folder name.
If you need to go back and copy the link later, just click ACCESSIBLE VIA EASY OFFER and the pop-up window will display so that you can click COPY.
If at any point, you need to disable your public folders, you can break the link. To do this, click ACCESSIBLE VIA EASY OFFER and then click DISABLE LINK and SAVE.
How to Accept Public Folders as the Buying Agent:
A listing agent has just shared a link with you . To accept this, view the documents, and start making an offer, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Link. This will open the shared loop and display the folder(s) and documents that are available to you.
- Clicking anywhere in the loop will prompt you to create an account or sign in.
– I’m a new user: Once you’ve clicked on the page you will notice you are prompted with a few fields to fill out. Simply fill in your full name, email address, password of your choosing, and select your role. Lastly, click on the Start My Free Trial button and you will be ready to go!
– I’m an existing user: Not a problem! At the bottom of the window click on the link to Sign In, fill out your email and password, and you’re ready!
- Once you’ve accepted the loop into your account, this will copy all folders and documents from the Listing Agent into your new loop. Available information from the Details page will also be copied over. The documents within the loop will be fully editable and private for you to work on. You can fill documents out (if necessary) and then share them back with the Listing Agent or create a new folder and add your own documents to use and share.
*All unshared folders, messages, and activity will still be private in your loop. Check out dotloop’s Easy Offer Best Practices article for additional tips.