Dotloop made some really great enhancements last night that will help with core functionality of the system.
- When a client opens up a document to sign, they’ll see a more robust START SIGNING bar flashing. The client will now be able to click to access Messages, Download/Print if they’d like to read over it prior to signing, or save and close. I like that they can download and print on this screen in case you didn’t include the pdf attachment or if the pdf was too large to attach.
- After the client clicks start signing and then clicks the first signature/initial field, they get the Adopt Your Signature pop-up. Sometimes clients couldn’t figure out where to click to change how they want to sign their name (especially if changing from LLC to actual name or for POA situations). They were often clicking the cursive signature instead of the printed name spot. Dotloop adjusted this to make it much clearer where clients click to change their name. They changed it to say Confirm Your Name above where they can type and changed the script (non editable) section to say Signature Preview and Initials Preview.
- Someone who is signing on a touch screen device is now able to pinch to zoom in and out of the document. If they zoom in, when they are bounced to the next signature/initial spot, it will remain at the same zoom level.
- They’ve added some new keyboard shortcuts to save time when dragging and dropping onto a pdf:- To copy fields CMD+SHIFT+C or CTRL+SHIFT+C
– To paste fields CMD+SHIFT+V or CTRL+SHIFT+V
– To label fields CMD+SHIFT=L or CTRL+SHIFT+L
– To save document CMD+SHIFT+S or CTRL+SHIFT+S
- They redesigned the toolbar that is visible when a document is opened for editing (much easier to navigate!)
– Expanded menus will no longer be cut off and below the fold
– The name of the document will be visible in the left corner
– Underneath the name will be the current document permission (Can Sign, Can Fill & Sign, etc)
– The toolbar will now have: File, Add, Autofill, More, Save, Share
– File contains: Print, Download, Split PDF, Rotate, Save as template
– Add contains: Add signature, add initials, add date, add name, add checkbox, add radio button, add strikethrough
– More contains: Messages, show tasks, document history, host in person signing, hide hotkeys (hotkeys will be displayed beside the document)
Please let email@example.com know if you have any questions.