Great news, dotloop just released a new function that you will love!
Right now, you create a loop, fill out the details page (this auto fills info to your forms), and then add documents to fill out. If you need to make a change once you’ve filled out the documents (client name typo, address typo, price change, etc), you need to manually update that field on each form. Pretty time consuming and not an easy process…
Dotloop just released a way to make changes and then force an overwrite on any/all forms at the same time. With this new function, you will be able to go back to the details page, make a change, open any/all documents that need updated, click Other Actions-Auto Fill, and then click Overwrite. This will overwrite any updated fields on all documents that you’ve opened. Any documents that weren’t opened, will remain unchanged.
Let’s say that you’ve filled out the details page and put 2% as the Sales Commission Rate. You then opened your documents, filled the rest of them out, and saved them.
Now you need to change that 2% Sales Commission Rate to 1%. Here’s how:
- Go to View Details. Change the Sales Commission Rate to 1%, click Save, click Back to Loop. (you could also skip this step and start by opening the documents that you need changes- Step#2)
- Check the boxes next to all documents that need updated to select them and then click Open (above the documetn folder). Any documents unopened will remain unchanged.
- Go to Other Actions – Autofill
- On the Autofill pop-up you’ll see that Sales Commission Rate now says 1%, click Auto Fill because we changed it on the details page. If you skipped that step, you can change it now.
- On the Overwrite existing fields pop-up, click Overwrite
- You’ll now see any/all updated fields highlighted in yellow so you know that they’ve changed